Cue the 90s! I am really excited to be going to the Third Eye Blind/Jimmy Eat World concert this summer. Summer Gods Tour 2019. Who wants to go with me?
3eb holds a special place in my heart. This album comes on and high school memories come flooding back. High school was something that I really enjoyed. I wasn’t popular but I knew enough people. My high school was divided into Japanese speakers and non-Japanese speakers, unspokenly of course. I knew enough Japanese that hang with both major groups. I thrived in my high school even though I hung out with the drama crowd that killed time in the library. #dramanerds Shout out to any of those lovely peeps! Thanks for making my high school years memorable and amazing.
This album reminds me so much of homecoming, rides on the bus and an incredible short movie that some of my friends made. Brian, Scott and Mike, I still have that DVD. Good memories. High school memories. That time of life was such a unique time. Awkward, confident, lace-down-my-thigh jeans times and so much uncertainty of what would even be the years afterwards. It didn’t really matter because high school felt like the only thing that was important. These memories are really why I’m excited for this concert. Somehow, dancing and swaying to 3eb and Jimmy Eat World will feel like a tribute to this incredibly fun time.
Food and 3eb. It took me a long time to figure out what would pair with this album. I wanted it to be representative of the era and be exactly what most of us were eating when listening to album. I can see myself eating these at friends house’s when Motorcycle Drive By comes on. Here is what I loved most about this pairing – the homemade bagel bites were so good! They hit such a nostalgia vein that matched exactly what I was going for.
Homemade Bagel Bites
- 4 mini bagels
- 1 8oz can of tomato sauce
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- a few dashes of dried basil
- a few dashes of dried oregano
- a few dashes of red pepper flakes
- large shred mozzarella
- pepperoni, slices or sliced
- Slice the bagels in half. Preheat the oven to 425.
- In a small saucepan, add the the sauce and the next 5 ingredients. Turn heat off once warmed through.
- Spoon sauce over each of the halves of the bagels, mostly covering each half.
- Sprinkle the desired amount of cheese.
- Top with pepperoni. Feel free to add any other topping here.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Enjoy!